There is one thing I HATE hearing (reading) when people talk about The Transformers The Movie (1986), and that is “that it ruined my childhood”. The main reason these idio…dum…cry…(don’t be insulting)…..people say this, is all because of Optimus Prime’s death. I just don’t get it, these same moro…..PEOPLE, also HATE Hot Rod because they blame him for causing the death of Prime.
THAT IS JUST STUPID!!!!!!!! Yes you crybabies, that is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.
Here in my opinion……oh by the way the right opinion on the matter also. 😛
First off I saw the movie when I was 11, so perhaps I was a bit more mature and could handle the issue of death. Also I have already dealt with death in my life a few times before I saw the movie (real death, not a cartoon hero dying), and was not SHELTERED from the facts of life either. So for me it was a very tragic story, and very sad, I did cry, but I did not lock myself in a closet, or throw away all my action figure because of it. I also did not send HATE MAIL to the companies the produced it, cause I RESPECTED what the writers and director did.
Now to the HATERS of HOT ROD/RODIMUS………what the hell is your major malfunction…..!!!!!!??
If you love Optimus Prime, if you see him as a hero, a friend, a father figure, than you need to RESPECT the decision that he made, the sacrifice he gave to save HIS FRIEND, HIS COMRADE. Prime cared enough for Hot Rod not to shoot through him. For me this is what made me respect Optimus, knowing that no matter what he would sacrifice himself for others. So if you HATE Hot Rod, that is like if you hated someones family member, so why the hell would Optimus than respect you for that opinion……….just saying. If I was Prime and you were insulting someone I cared about….well I would not like you too much, actually I would dislike you.
I view the movie as a Masterpiece and if it was not made I don’t know if I would be the Transformers lover I am today. The movie (unlike the show) gave a story about the battlefield, that there is consequences to battle and war.
Yes I know one of the reasons for so much death in the movie was to “make room” for NEW FIGURES, but I feel that it was handled in an awesome way. Most cartoons would have let the “OLD FIGURES” fade into the background to be forgotten, but TFTM made us REMEMBER the fallen.
Oh and I have to mention that the music by Vince DiCola is what really made the movie memorable.
Till All Are One !!!!!
Search my mind, see what you find
Whats on my mind now.
- Don’t transform history to entertain.
- Quick reviews of movies I saw in 2017-2018.
- What is……was Toys R Us….and why should we care.
- The Firework Show Effect, my opinions on the future of the Transformers Live Action Universe and what is planned.
- The start of a collection that may not have been really the start cause there were some before and some after that got lost.
- Two movie reviews of recent movies I just saw, but is really not that recent, but still is since it is still summer…….so here are my reviews and thoughts on the two movies……Cars 3, and Transformers: The Last Knight!!!
- It is hip to be fake, annoying reviews and the faux geeks that make them to seem kewl.
Dig deeper, you never know. Did you miss something
The division of my mind
Come on in, it’s nice in here